As I write these words, Bishop J is meeting with his council. I sent an e-mail to my priest friend and he responded from his Blackberry from the meeting. He said that my petition is on the list of matters to be discussed along with the incardination of Bishop J's brother. I am awaiting word from him as to the results, and then I will call him to find out details, more or less one o'clock eastern time. Updates pending. Prayers requested.
===== UPDATE =====
Here is a translation of the e-mail I just recieved from my priest friend:
The list of matters to be dealt with was huge. The topic never came up for lack of time. I spoke alone with Bishop J and he told me to tell you you can stay with us while you wait. He told me to tell you not to worry. the letter from the legionary superiors never arrived.
So, basically, when I go back on August 20, I will b staying with this priest (where I left my belongings) until the next meeting in September. I had a bottle of Sam Adams chilling to celebrate. I cracked it open anyway. Thanks for the prayers.