Saturday, November 17, 2012

I resign

I resign!

In all my years in the Legion, to utter the words "I resign" was unheard of. You just did not resign. You couldn't. Holy obedience would not allow it. I was against God's will manifest through the superiors.

Now there is new the Territorial Director of Brazil, Fr Leonardo Nuñez has resigned. That is the word used on the LC page (in Portuguese). Fr Nuñez  was made territorial director of Brazil shortly before I left the Legion. When he was named it gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. I knew him as a LC hardliner. Maybe I was wrong. But he had all the characteristics of an insider.

But back to the point. He resigned. His resignation was accepted. An interim Territorial Director has been named. It just seems so strange to me. I didn't think I would see that happen in the Legion.

But then again there is the case of Fr Alvaro Corcuera. He didn't "resign", but took a leave of absence, or was it a sabbatical, until then next elections. But in effect he resigned. What is happening? What is going on in their minds. I would love to get inside to find out. But no, I took all the courage I had to get out.

Anyway, it doesn't look good for the Legion when it's top brass are resigning.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know Fr. Alfonso Aguilar? How is he doing?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed and posted immediately.
Be respectful. Offensive comments may be deleted.