Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving in the Legion

I'll be heeding home in the next few days to spend Thanksgiving with my family. It will be the first time since 1985. Seems incredible, doesn't it? But that's the way it is.

Now, if you are an American in the Legion, your Thanksgiving experience could be very different depending on where you are on the world. If you are in the states, you will more than likely go to Cheshire, CT for your monthly retreat over the Thanksgiving weekend. You'd pay football in the morning and watch an NFL game in the afternoon. There'd be a big turkey dinner, and of course the spiritual stuff you would expect on a feast day.

In Rome it's celebrated, not like Cheshire, but, at least there's something. But if you are anywhere else, forget it. It's just an ordinary day. Needless to say, you don't go home for holidays in the Legion.

Since I've been out, I've gone home for Christmas. Now it's time to go for Thanksgiving. It will be quite a feast. I know I'm going to put on the pounds. But heck, it's been 27 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed and posted immediately.
Be respectful. Offensive comments may be deleted.